Equipment in PI’s lab
Our lab is housed in CAT 471, CAT 469, and parts of CAT 362. We have equipment needed for electrode (nano)material fabrication; structural, chemical, spectroscopic & electrochemical characterization, in-operando spectroscopy and assembly & testing of supercapacitors and batteries at coin cell and pouch cell level.
Click on the links below to see the pictures of specific equipment in each category. For a complete equipment list, click here.
- Glove Boxes
- Electrode Preparation and Coin/Pouch Cell Assembly
- Ovens and Furnaces
- Electrochemical Testing
Drexel’s Materials Characterization Core (MCC)
Additionally, we have access to all equipment in MCC. Partial list of available shared facilities at MCC at Drexel. Full time staff is available to assist in characterization and training as necessary.
- Scanning Electron Microscope (Zeiss Supra 50VP) with Oxford Energy-Dispersive X-ray instrument
- Environmental SEM (FEI XL30) with EDAX Energy-Dispersive X-ray Microanalysis and TSL Electron Back Scattered Diffraction (crystallography)
- 200 keV TEM/STEM (JEOL JEM2100) equipped with EDS detector for chemical analysis, bright-field STEM detector and imaging system
- Leica EM UC6 Cryo-ultramicrotome for TEM sample preparation
- FTIR Spectrometer with Microscope (Varian Excalibur FTS-3000)
- X-Ray Powder Diffractometer (XRD) (Siemens D500)
- Multiple Angle X-ray Scattering Facility equipped with a rotating anode x-ray generator and a two-dimensional detector
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscope (XPS)
PI has access to the following equipment at Drexel. Most of these are housed in the Chemical and Biological Engineering Department at Drexel University
- Micromeritics Nitrogen / Krypton Surface Analyzer (BET)
- Fuel Cell Test Station
- Gas Permeation Analyzer
- UV-Vis Absorption Spectrophotometer
- Fluorescence Spectrometer
A machine shop, electronics shop, and glass shop are available on the Drexel campus and are fully staffed.