Degrees: B.S., Wuhan University, China, 2017; M.S., CUMT, China, 2020
Email: sz568 @ drexel . edu
Phone: (215) – 895 – 1466
Shuyan Zhao received the B.S. degree from Wuhan University, Wuhan, China in 2017, and the M.S. degree from China University of Mining and Technology, Xuzhou, China in 2020, both in electrical engineering. He joined the Center for Electric Power Engineering in September 2020 and is working toward his PhD degree in power electronics. His research interests include high voltage widebandgap semiconductors and its application, dc circuit breaker and wireless power transfer technology.
- S. Zhao et al., “A 4kV/120A SiC Solid-State DC Circuit Breaker Powered by a Load-independent IPT System,” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, doi: 10.1109/TIA.2021.3084130.
- R. Kheirollahi, S. Zhao and F. Lu, “Fault Current Bypass-Based LVDC Solid-State Circuit Breakers,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 7-13, Jan. 2022.
- R. Kheirollahi, S. Zhao, H. Zhang, X. Lu, J. Wang and F. Lu, “Coordination of Ultrafast Solid-State Circuit Breakers in Radial DC Microgrids,” in IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, doi: 10.1109/JESTPE.2021.3109483.
- S. Zhao, R. Kheirollahi, H. Zhang, J. Wang, X. Lu and F. Lu, “MOV-RCD Snubber Design for Medium-Voltage SiC-Module Based Solid-State DC Circuit Breaker,” 2021 IEEE Fourth International Conference on DC Microgrids (ICDCM), 2021, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICDCM50975.2021.9504627.
- R. Kheirollahi, S. Zhao, H. Zhang, J. Wang and F. Lu, “Wireless Series-Parallel Capacitor Charger for DC Circuit Breaker Applications,” 2021 IEEE PELS Workshop on Emerging Technologies: Wireless Power Transfer (WoW), 2021, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/WoW51332.2021.9462890.